Let Burns and Ellis Guide You Through the Kent County Market
When picking a partner for one of the biggest financial transactions of your life, choose carefully…
At Burns and Ellis, our 18 award-winning agents offer decades of experience and unmatched familiarity with the Kent County market. We are big enough to get the attention of buyers, experienced enough to know when they are serious, and small enough to ensure your home gets the personal attention it deserves. When you list with Burns and Ellis, here’s what you get:
- Your own personal agent plus the support of a team of B&E trained professionals from the day you list through closing and beyond.
At Burns and Ellis, our agents are full-time professionals dedicated to making the job of preparing, showing, and selling your house as hassle-free as possible. Our agents have a personal relationship with each client and they bring with them the support and experience of the whole B&E team, including lifelong broker/owners Tom and Terry Burns. Every listing is toured by all of our agents so they stay familiar with all current properties.
- National exposure for your house through our comprehensive network of Internet sites and print media.
Burns and Ellis is one of the oldest real estate firms in Delaware, but that doesn’t mean we’re old fashioned. When you list with B&E, we advertise your home on the most trafficked Internet sites targeting potential buyers including Realtor.Com and Zillow/Trulia, among others. To reach traditional buyers, your listing will also appear in local print media
- Outstanding photo/video support and crisp professional writing to ensure buyers see your house in its best light.
When buyers see your listing they will like what they see. Experience has taught us that no matter how spectacular your house may be, buyer perception of its value is powerfully influenced by how it is presented. That’s why at Burns and Ellis we insist on stellar pictures and descriptions that generate excitement and paint a detailed visual portrait of your home.
- A complimentary Certified Market Analysis (CMA) that goes beyond number crunching to incorporate our intimate knowledge of nearby properties made possible by living and working here for half a century.
A Certified Marketing Analysis is standard among Realtors in the area, but not all CMAs are created equal. Our long history in Kent County makes it possible for B&E to offer CMAs with context and an eye to the future.
- A network of vendors thoroughly vetted and proven from experience to match Burns & Ellis’s high standards in specialized areas from home repairs to sprucing up the yard. One key to impressing buyers is presenting your house at its best. Often that means making minor repairs, applying a coat of paint, adding a little spackle, or maybe trimming some bushes. For the handy, that requires a few weekends of work. But if you need help, count on us to connect you with bonded, conscientious tradesmen who will get the job done quickly and reasonably.
- A parallel network of professionals to support you through every step of the sales process from home inspection to legal representation at closing.
As you might expect, after 50 years of doing business in Kent County, Burns & Ellis has developed a strong team of ancillary professionals to guide you through the detailed processes and paperwork required to complete your sale.
- Staging advice to present your house in a way that makes it as appealing as possible to the widest segment of buyers.
A critical part of turning prospects into buyers is packaging your house in a way that helps buyers imagine themselves living there. Styles and tastes vary, so we advise clients to arrange their home to be neat but not excessively unique. This is called staging, and it’s important enough to have generated its own practitioners. Your B&E agent can help you stage your own home or connect you with a specialist.
- The kind of trust from buyers and sellers that can only be earned by demonstrated integrity over a long period of time.
Burn and Ellis has thrived in central Kent County because we satisfy our customers with skill, experience, energy, and attention. Trust B&E to guide you through one of the most important financial transactions of your life. List your home with Burns and Ellis and watch us go to work.